Try this easy barley grass recipe for a tasty green olive tapenade
If you’ve been looking for a barley grass recipe, try this tasty non-smoothie recipe from Heidi Swanson of 101COOKBOOKS.com – ready in less than 10 minutes!
- 30 Green olives, rinsed and pitted
- 1 Spring onion, thinly sliced.
- 2/3 cup toasted walnuts, chopped (lightly toast the nuts yourself – in a dry pan or in the oven).
- ¼ teaspoon chilli flakes (we had smoked chilli on hand from last summer, so just used that)
- ½ teaspoon Drasanvi Superfoods Barley Grass*
- Pinch of fennel (had some fresh from the garden on hand…bonus!)
- 40ml Good quality Olive oil
- Pinch of salt
- Squeeze of lemon
*Distributed in South Africa by Flora Force Health Products
- Roughly chop the ingredients, blend them together.
- Season with a pinch of sea salt and a squeeze of lemon.
- Serve with great fresh baked bread and fresh avocado.
Why do we love it?
- Barkey grass is packed with nutrients, including protein, minerals, vitamins, antioxidants and chlorophyll.
- Olives contain healthy fats but can also be probiotic and thus support gut health.
- Heart and cholesterol healthy olive oil.