Press Release: COVID-19 Outbreak in RSA
COVID-19 in RSA: As a contribution to the efforts to contain COVID-19, our Flora Force office and warehouse will function on skeleton staff from today, Monday 16 March 2020, until further notice. Our greatest concern is for staff that rely on public transport that could put them at unacceptable risk. All our colleagues and staff that rely on public transport will be afforded special leave on full pay, until circumstances have changed.
We will endeavour to fulfill and dispatch orders, and return communication as speedily as is normally the case. However we ask your indulgence if we take a little longer than normal in this challenging time.
We would also like to add our voice to follow the simple rules:
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly (for at least 20 seconds)
- Avoid touching your face – we’re all finding out just how challenging this is!
- If you do cough or sneeze, do it into your elbow, not your hands.
- Carry a hand sanitiser for those awkward moments like when touching common surfaces. Some of the examples we’ve encountered are at access points to buildings, lifts and paypoints.
- Do not travel or use public transport unless it is absolutely unavoidable.
- When in doubt, refer to credible sources such as the Department of Health website
- Yes, it is sensible to be prepared for the possibility of self-quarantine. But don’t go totally overboard by hoarding 2 years worth of supplies.
If you think you may be infected, or you have come into contact with someone that is ill, self-quarantine. (The government website above has a great information – use it even if you think you have all the answers!)
Be safe, look after yourselves and those dear to you.
We Can Help You
If you urgently need to get your hands on some Flora Force Health Products during these trying times, please visit our online shop to place an order from the comfort and safety of your home.