HEALTHY VEGAN CARAMEL
No one will believe you, but you’re welcome to try telling them this stuff is good for you. “Healthy Vegan Caramel?” they’ll say, as they taste it. “Yeah, right.”
But it is. And it’s versatile. And oh-so-easy to make. Silly-easy. Just melt it together and eat! Or drizzle. Over oats, flapjacks or straight into your mouth. 😊
P.S. If you’re going for the straight-in-the-mouth method, please wait until it cools. Even on a gentle heat it gets surprisingly hot!
Healthy Vegan Caramel, 2-ways
On a medium-low heat, gently melt together:
- ¼ cup coconut oil (or grass-fed butter for non-vegans)
- ¼ cup maple syrup (or honey)
- OR, for a wonderfully rich toffee flavour, swap the maple syrup for coconut sugar*!
- 1 Tbsp Drasanvi Organic Maca Powder *
- 1 tsp vanilla – paste or essence
- 2 pinches salt (try Oryx Desert Salt’s smoked salt*; mmm.)
Ways to enjoy it:
- Drizzled over oats, flapjacks, pancakes, yoghurt or ice cream.
- Dollop teaspoonfuls onto baking paper or into ice trays, and freeze. Tadaah; toffees!
*All superfoods and other organic goodies available at naturaloptions.co.za, SOON. Pre-register now for 30% off your first purchase when the online store is live.