- Sort by Default Order
Laxative action relieves inflammation and sluggish digestive conditions. 500mg, 60 capsules
FLORA FORCE® ALVEGA-3 is a DHA rich Omega 3 purified oil, sourced from coastal marine micro-algae that are free of contaminants like PCB and mercury.
- exceptionally high in DHA, known to support the nervous system, brain and eyes.
- safe for pregnant and breast feeding mothers
- safe, high quality, animal-free source of Omega 3
- vegan friendly.
Rosemary extract and tocopherol protect the DHA oil from oxidation to ensure it stays stable.
Each bottle contains 30 soft gel vegan capsules.
DHA (Docosahexaenoic acid) 265mg, DPA (n-6 Docosapentaenoic acid) 50mg, EPA (Eicosapentaenoic acid) 5mg, Other fatty acids 155mg. Natural antioxidant preservative combination (ascorbyl palmitate, rosemary extract, tocopherols).
Capsule: plant origin
As with all dietary supplements, first consult your pharmacist or registered healthcare practitioner before taking this product, especially if you’re pregnant, breastfeeding or under medical supervision.
Do not exceed recommended dosage.
Keep out of reach of children.
Adults: 1 capsule daily.
Taken with meals or as directed by your registered healthcare practitioner.
Relieves symptoms of colds and flu, congestion, fever, inflammation, headaches and swollen glands. Supports the immune system, helping to overcome infections and inflammation. The action is anti-inflammatory, decongestive, analgesic and immune stimulatory. The anti-hyaluronidase action inhibits the virusâs ability to enter cells. The action on the circulation stimulates removal of toxins and reduces congestion. 50ml herbal tinctures. Ingredients: Each 3ml contains the equivalent of: 66mg Sambucus nigra, 6mg Zingiber officinalis, 96mg Eupatorium perfoliatum, 33mg Phytolacca decandra, 33mg Echinacea spp., 51mg Fillipendula ulmaria, 15mg Capsicum minimum.
Improves function of urinary system â kidneys and bladder. Acts as bladder anti-septic. Relieves irritation and inflammation of bladder. Can be used for BPH and auto-immune kidney disease. Aids diuresis in persons with kidney conditions accompanied by oedema. Action of constituents is anti-microbial, anti-inflammatory, anti-septic; inhibits micro-organism growth in the urinary system and prevents urine retention. 50ml herbal tinctures. Ingredients: Each 3ml contains the equivalent of: 78mg Agathosma betulina, 34mg Arctostaphyllos uva-ursi, 27mg Achillea millefolium, 27mg Melissa officinalis, 27mg Avena sativa, 30mg Echinacea spp., 27mg Vaccinium myrtillus, 25mg Equisetum arvense, 25mg Plantago major.
Reduces inflammation, itching and swelling associated with thrush and symptoms associated with fungal infections. Lessens recurrence of fungal infections. 50ml herbal tinctures. Ingredients: Each 3ml contains the equivalent of: Hydrastis canadensis 60mg; Agathosma betulina 56mg; Hamamelis virginiana 21mg; Tabebuia impetiginosus 45mg; Commiphora mol-mol 21mg; Juniperus communis 10mg; Echinacea spp.; Baptisia tinctoria 21mg; Olea europea 21mg.
Original ESSIAC formula in capsules. An important overall preventative health protector. Supports the immune system and the digestive system. A must in supportive treatment during tumour- and AIDS-related therapies. The combination includes herbs that have anti-inflammatory, anti-septic and anti-microbial actions, as well as powerful detoxification and regeneration ingredients. The protective action prevents cell damage when exposed to radiation. This formula can be used protectively to strengthen the general body health after long periods of stress that makes one vulnerable to diseases that result from cellular changes. 460mg, 90 capsules Ingredients: Each capsule contains: 215mg Arcticum lappa, 12mg Rheum palmatum, 187mg Rumex ascetosella, 46mg Ulmus rubra.
Anti-ageing properties prevent degenerative disease by reducing free radicals. The anti-oxidant properties of the catechins in green tea reduce free radicals and have a detoxifying action. The flavonoids have an anti-inflammatory and protective action against cardiovascular diseases and strengthen blood vessels. Used in weight management. 400mg, 90 capsules.
Helps the effective management of cholesterol in the body and delays onset of age-related changes. This powerful synergistic combination includes herbal, homeopathic, nutritional and mineral ingredients, with enhanced bioavailability. Useful in lifestyle-associated conditions such as Metabolic disease (Syndrome –X), diabetes, arteriosclerosis and circulatory conditions. Cholesterol Aid™'s constituents' action is anti-inflammatory and anti-coagulant (preventing “thick sticky blood” situations), which improves circulation and protects blood vessels. It also contains powerful anti-oxidants and some of the ingredients aid in the lowering of LDL and blood sugar levels, thereby providing blood vessel and cardio protection. It includes protein and enzyme modulation factors. 566mg, 90 capsules Ingredients: Composition per capsule: Allium sativa 50mg, Capsicum minimum 50mg, Commiphora mukul 50mg, Crataegus rhipidophylla 50mg, Curcuma longa 50mg, Cynara scolymus 50mg, Ulmus fulva 3mg, Choline 25mg, Coral calcium 20mg, L-Arginine 25mg, Lecithin 25mg, Polycosinol 2mg, Vitamin A 0.05mg, Vitamin B1 0.1mg, Vitamin B3 1mg, Vitamin B5 0.5mg, Vitamin B6 0.1mg, Vitamin B12 0.02mg, Vitamin C 5mg, Vitamin E 2mg, Folic acid 0.05mg, Biotin 0.4mg, Magnesium 5mg, Bioperine™ 3mg, *Calcarea carbonica 6cH, *Chelidonium majus 3X, *Nitricum acidum 6cH, *Nux vomica 6cH, *Pulsatilla nigricans 6cH.
Flora Force Circulation Formula Package InsertScheduling status: C0 Proprietary name (and dosage form): Flora Force Circulation Formula. Composition: Each 3ml of Circulation contains 120mg Ginkgo biloba EQUIV, 30mg Achillea millefolium EQUIV, 24mg Melissa officinalis EQUIV, 24mg Mentha piperita EQUIV, Arnica montana 3cH, 12mg Viscum album EQUIV, 9mg Hypericum perforatum EQUIV, 12mg Ruscus aculeatus EQUIV, 15mg Capsicum minimum EQUIV, 15mg Astragalus membranaceus EQUIV, 15mg Vaccinium myrtillus EQUIV, Alc 60% v/v. Pharmacological classification: Category D Western Herbal Medicine Pharmacological action: 7.6 Vascular medicines, Others Indications: Herbal medicine for the support of the circulatory system. Contra-indications: Do not use during pregnancy. Circulation formula contains Melissa officinalis and should not be use by persons with low thyroid activity due to its anti-thyrotropic effect. Arnica montana homeopathic 3cH may have a possible blood thinning action; avoid Circulation formula for 3 days before surgery. Circulation formula is contraindicated for persons on SSRI drugs and anti-coagulant drugs. Warnings: Not to be used by persons on anti-coagulant medication. Not to be used during pregnancy. Do not use continuously without consulting a healthcare practitioner. Arnica monta: homeopathic 3cH may have a possible blood thinning action avoid Circulation formula for 3 days before surgery. Drug Interaction: The individual constituent interactions from literature are: Ginkgo: Anti-coagulant medication, warfarin, Ticlopidine and Aspirin. Mentha piperita: interferes with action of propulsid and closure of oesophageal sphincter Hypericum perforatum: persons on SSRI drugs should not take Circulation formula. Capsicum minimum the active ingredient capsaicin is an ACE inhibitor: There is a theoretical concern because capsaicin depletes substance P. It is a very low risk level however the Patient should be monitored. Theophylline: Cayenne increase absorption and bio-availability as per clinical study. Risk level is low patient should be monitored. Vaccinium myrtillus: Warfarin. Anti-platelet activity has been observed with high doses of herb. Pregnancy and Lactation: Not do be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Dosage and directions for use: Take 20 drops in 25ml water three times daily, or as prescribed. Side-effects and special precautions: Not to be used by persons on anti-coagulant medication. Hypersensitivity with known plant allergy. Known symptoms of over dosage and particulars of its treatment: None known. Consult a practitioner or nearest poison care centre. Identification: Pale to bright yellow liquid, sharp in smell and bitter, sharp in taste. Presentation: 50ml amber glass dropper bottle with white tamper evident screw cap within a product box. 500ml amber glass bottle with white tamper evident screw cap. Storage instructions: Store in a cool dark place below 25ºC. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Registration number: To be allocated. Applicant: Flora Force Health Products (Pty) Ltd., PO Box 426, Rondebosch, 7701, Cape Town Date of publication: 17/11/2014
DISCONTINUED Herbal anti-septic and anti-inflammatory. Relieves flatulence, wind, colic and nausea. Clove has a carminative action, improving digestion and relieving indigestion, inflammation and pain of peptic ulcers. Use together with Slippery elm in case of ulcers. Can be used together with Juglans nigra and Artemisia absinthinum to eliminate parasites in the egg stage. Used for treatment of malaria, TB and cholera in tropical areas. 500mg, 80 capsules.
FLORA FORCE® DANDELION capsules traditionally used to support the body’s elimination functions. Vege caps. Free from additives, sugar and lactose.
PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLETInformation currently undergoing revision, please return within the next 24 to 48 hours.Information currently undergoing revision, please return within the next 24 to 48 hours.
Herb LibraryExplore our Herb Library for additional information on traditional uses of herbs.
Related blog articlesRead more about dandelion in our blog 'Looking after your bladder & kindeys.'.
FLORA FORCE® DensiMAX® tablets is a multi-mineral supplement with calcium and Vitamin D; supports healthy bones and teeth and plays a role in maintaining good health. Calcium intake, when combined with sufficient Vitamin D, a healthy diet and regular exercise, may reduce the risk of developing osteoporosis. Free from sugar and lactose. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please consult your pharmacist or registered healthcare practitioner for advice before taking DensiMAX®tablets.
PATIENT INFORMATION LEAFLET
Information for the Patient about DensiMAX® TabletsWestern herbal medicine This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. SCHEDULING STATUS: Not Scheduled PROPRIETARY NAME, STRENGTH AND PHARMACEUTICAL FORM: DensiMAX® tablets.WHAT DensiMAX® TABLETS CONTAIN: Each DensiMAX® tablet contains:
ACTIVE INGREDIENT QUANTITY DAILY DOSAGE RDA Calcium (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 450 mg 900 mg 90% Magnesium (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 31 mg 62 mg 19% Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 240 IU 480 IU 80% Trace minerals (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 72 Trace minerals including Boron, Chloride, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, Zinc 444 mg 888 mg
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients in DensiMAX® tablets
- If you have abnormally high levels of calcium in the blood and/or excessive loss of calcium in the urine (see “Take special care with DensiMAX® tablets”).
- If you high or low levels of phosphate in the blood (see “Take special care with DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Surgery (see “Take special care with DensiMAX® tablets”).
Driving and using machinery: No studies on the effect on the ability to drive and use machinery have been performed. It is unlikely that DensiMAX® tablets will impair your ability to drive or use machines. However, please exercise care when driving or operating machinery until you know how DensiMAX® tablets affects you. Important information about some of the ingredients of DensiMAX® tablets: DensiMAX® tablets are sugar and lactose free. Taking other medicines with DensiMAX® tablets:Please discuss the use of the following medicines in combination with DensiMAX® tablets with your pharmacist or registered healthcare practitioner:
- Suffer from have abnormally high levels of calcium in the blood and/or excessive loss of calcium in the urine. Conditions that lead to abnormally high levels of calcium in the blood include para-thyroid gland disorders, sarcoidosis, poor kidney function and bone cancer. Conditions that lead to abnormally low levels of calcium in the blood are kidney stones and kidney failure (see “Do NOT take DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Suffer from high or low levels of phosphate in the blood. You may have to arrange increased monitoring of your phosphate levels when starting or stopping treatment with DensiMAX® tablets (see “Do NOT take DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Suffer from low levels of stomach acid. People with low levels of gastric acid absorb less calcium if it is taken on an empty stomach. However, low acid levels in the stomach do not reduce calcium absorption if calcium is taken with food (see “Do NOT take DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Are a smoker. Smokers absorb less calcium from the stomach. The dose of DensiMAX® tablets may need to be adjusted if you smoke.
- Are undergoing surgery, discontinue use at least 2 weeks prior to the procedure (see “Do NOT take DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Take warfarin or other blood thinning medicines. You may have to arrange increased monitoring or your INR (International Normalised Ratio) levels when starting or stopping treatment with DensiMAX® tablets (see “Taking other medicines with DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Calcipotriene, a medicine similar to vitamin D, for the treatment of psoriasis.
- Diltiazem for the treatment of high blood pressure, angina and heart rhythm disorders.
- Lithium for the treatment of bipolar disorder.
- Potassium sparing diuretics for the treatment of hypertension and management of congestive heart failure.
- Skeletal muscle relaxants used to alleviate muscle spasms, pain, and hyperreflexia.
- Raltegravir (an anti-retroviral medication). DensiMAX® tablets may decrease its levels.
- Thiazide diuretics. DensiMAX® tablets could increase calcium levels in the blood. Monitor you calcium and parathyroid function regularly if you are using DensiMAX® tablets and thiazide diuretics in combination.
- Antacids as DensiMAX® tablets may reduce the levels of magnesium.
- Anti-diabetic medicines. DensiMAX® tablets may increase its effects. Monitor you blood sugar levels regularly if you are using DensiMAX® tablets and anti-diabetic medicines in combination.
- Warfarin or other blood thinning medicines. DensiMAX® tablets may potentially increase the effect of blood thinning medicines (see “Take special care with DensiMAX® tablets”).
- Biphosphonates as DensiMAX® tablets can influence the absorption and effectiveness of these medicines (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- Levothyroxine, taken for hypothyroidism, as DensiMAX® tablets may decrease its absorption (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- Integrase inhibitors, used to treat HIV, as DensiMAX® tablets may decrease the levels of this medication (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- Tetracylcine and quinolone antibiotics as DensiMAX® tablets decreases the levels of this medication (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- Sotalol as DensiMAX® tablets decreases the levels of this medication (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- Gabapectin as DensiMAX® tablets decreases levels of this medication (see “HOW TO TAKE DensiMAX® TABLETS”).
- An allergic reaction which may present with shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, wheezing, hives, or itching, swelling of the face, tongue or whole body.
- Chest pain, nausea, vomiting, constipation, abdominal pain, increased thirst & urination, fatigue, muscle weakness & pain, confusion, disorientation, difficulty talking, headaches, depression and poor appetite.
- Blood in urine, fever and chills, sever stomach or back pain.
- Less or more urine than is normal for you.
- Swollen face, feet and ankles.
- Breath odour.
DensiMAX® Tablets Health Supplement This medicine has not been evaluated by the Medicines Control Council. This medicine is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. SCHEDULING STATUS: Not Scheduled PROPRIETARY NAME (AND DOSAGE FORM): DensiMAX® Tablets COMPOSITION: Each DensiMAX® tablet contains:
- Gastrointestinal disturbances, such as:
- Stomach discomfort, indigestion, diarrhoea, constipation, belching, acid reflux & heartburn, flatulence.
ACTIVE INGREDIENT QUANTITY DAILY DOSAGE RDA Calcium (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 450 mg 900 mg 90% Magnesium (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 31 mg 62 mg 19% Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol) 240 IU 480 IU 80% Trace minerals (from Aquamin™ *Lithothamnium calcareum) 72 Trace mineral including Boron, Chloride, Iron, Phosphorus, Potassium, Selenium, Sodium, Zinc 444 mg 888 mg
- A hypersensitivity to calcium, vitamin D or to one of the other ingredients in DensiMAX® tablets including seafood, seaweeds and specific trace minerals.
- Hyper-calcaemia and/or hyper-calciuria (see “WARNINGS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS”).
- Hyper-phosphatemia and/or hypo-phosphataemia (see “WARNINGS AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS”).
- Achlorhydria (see “WARNING AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS”).
- Smoking (see “WARNING AND SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS”).
- Surgery (see “WARNINGS AND SPECIAL PRECUATIONS”).
- Calcipotriene (Vitamin D analogue): may cause increased calcium absorption.
- Diltiazem: calcium can decrease effectiveness.
- Lithium: long-term lithium use may cause hypercalcemia.
- Potassium sparing diuretics: may increase levels of magnesium.
- Skeletal muscle relaxants: magnesium may increase levels.
Herb LibraryExplore our Herb Library for additional information on traditional uses of herbs.
Related blog articlesRead more about bone health in our blog ‘Bone health and the calcium connection’.