The Incredible Health Benefits of Teensy Greens
Algae is not a quick fix for all your health problems. (Aaaaw.) But it is a quick-add to your diet. And these green microalgae do offer super, almost incredible health benefits, despite their teensy size.
Here’s a mini comparison of the health benefits of spirulina next to those of chlorella, with a handful of really easy ways to dose yourself with this great green stuff.
- builds muscle mass and healthy bones
- flushes toxins and removes heavy metals
- encourages skin regeneration
- lowers cholesterol and balances blood sugar
- mops up free radicals to prevent disease
- cleanses the digestive tract
- keeps the brain sharp
- strengthens the immune system
- boosts energy levels
- supports heart health
- counteracts pollutants in the body
- helps relieve allergies
- balances pH levels
- encourages a healthy gut
QUICK WAYS TO ADD THEM TO YOUR DAY:
- Add to smoothies, water and juices
- Sprinkle onto salads or stir into tempered soups
- Mash into avo or banana and enjoy on healthy toast
- Stir into honey or natural maple syrup and add to breakfasts
- Combine with dates and nuts, press into a dish and cut into energy bites
- Blend with garlic, olive oil, nuts and lemon juice for a fresh take on pesto
We feel it is important to keep in mind that finding your version of ‘health’ involves a long adventure called ‘practicing healthy living’ and includes mindset and attitude, movement and breath, as well as enough water and good nutrition.
Adding superfoods to your diet can give your body the boost that’s missing from much of our food in this age of pesticides, preservatives and not caring for our soil. Of course, a world in which we live on powders and tablets is not one we tout. Choose organic fruit and veg where possible, and support growers and sellers as much as you can, even if it means a special weekly trip not-to-the-shops. It goes a long way toward undoing the tangle our environment is in. Your actions do count.